Liverpool’s coach has ruled out any summer move for ex- Red Philippe Coutinho, in line with ESPN.
The Brazilian left Anfield for the Nou Camp in 2018 for a fee of £142million but has as at failed to impress in La Liga.
The 27-year-old has been heavily allied with a return to the Premier League, but the Liverpool boss says Merseyside won’t be his upcoming destination.
“It’s not about that. I like Phil, I think he’s a fantastic footballer and all that stuff, but it would be a big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big-money signing and it’s not our year for that.
“It’s just not possible. As I said, having him would make each team better — us included — but I really hope that he finds his luck at Barcelona.
- Nathaniel Clyne injury news – Jurgen Klopp “gutted”
- This Is What Virgil van Dijk told Adrian prior to heroic penalty shootout
- Pundit raves about Liverpool star; compares him to Manchester United legend
- Ki-Jana Liverpool Performance – Klopp Says He Is “A Sensational Young Player”
- Liverpool vs Tranmere Friendly Game And The Young Stars Set To Feature
Get updates of the latest