Premium Notice: Watch this Season's "LIVE" UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCHES "ALL FOR FREE" on your Mobile Phone.
Liverpool’s coach says he’s “gutted” for Nathaniel Clyne following the defense man sustaining a serious knock that could rule him out for most of the upcoming season.
The right-back picked up a knock in the 3-2 beat to Borussia Dortmund, which was later revealed to be a cruciate limatchnt knock.
Liverpool’s medical staff say the injury could heal in as little as six months following surgery, but the freshs will still come as a blow to Klopp, who had looked likely to keep the 28-year-old at Anfield for the 2019/20 season.
“What can I say other than how gutted we all are for Clyney,” Klopp said.
“He was preparing and live so fine – he was in outstanding shape.
“Clearly an knock of this nature isn’t a happy minute for any player, but the silver lining for him is that, in line with the medical guys, it’s a straightforward ACL injury.
This means fixing it and coming back from it should follow a path that is free from pitfalls and complications.
“At the minute there isn’t much extra to say beyond we’ll all support Clyney in whatever way we can and we look forward to seeing him back on the live field as soon as responsibly possible.
“He is such a sound professional and is naturally very fit and tough, so all these things are in his favour.”
- Jurgen Klopp rules out summer move for Ex-Liverpool Star
- This Is What Virgil van Dijk told Adrian prior to heroic penalty shootout
- Pundit raves about Liverpool star; compares him to Manchester United legend
- Ki-Jana Liverpool Performance – Klopp Says He Is “A Sensational Young Player”
- Liverpool vs Tranmere Friendly Game And The Young Stars Set To Feature
Get updates of the latest